photo NavTwit_zps73cd23c9.png photo NavPin_zpsde611518.png photo NavIG_zpscd526c3d.png photo NavTum_zps71bad71a.png photo NavBL_zps8b887782.png



Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Social Dieting

You've all heard of happy accidents, and boy did I come across one the other day. I have been completely unmotivated in getting into shape, but at the same time find myself more and more unhappy with my body. Cue the violins. I know that if I want to see change I have to make change. So I was really happy when I came across DietBet. DietBet is a a 4 week social dieting game where you have 4 weeks to lose 4% of your starting body weight. Each player adds the designated buy in to the pot, and whoever reaches their goal gets to split the pot. Sounds fun right?






I did a bunch of research after I initially browsed the site. What's to keep people from cheating and what not? Well they have people that check the starting and finishing pictures, algorithms that detect unusual activity, and randomly audit players for additional proof. Basically if you hit your goal of 4% you win back your buy in and then some. Did I mention there is also a free app? You can do everything you need from your phone which for me is another reason I can't say no.




I signed up for Blogilates Sweatember DietBet for $25 and the pot has grown to close to $7,000! There are also fun giveaways that they are doing besides the money for some added fun. I start September 3rd and am really looking forward to jumpstarting a healthy lifestyle. If you are interested in joining click here


Images from DietBet

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover