photo NavTwit_zps73cd23c9.png photo NavPin_zpsde611518.png photo NavIG_zpscd526c3d.png photo NavTum_zps71bad71a.png photo NavBL_zps8b887782.png



Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Quality Over Quantity

Lately I've been thinking a lot about staple pieces when it comes to my wardrobe. I'm tired of having a full closet with "nothing to wear," poorly made/ill fitting cheap clothing, or things that I don't want to wear anymore a few seasons after purchasing. I've never been huge on trendy items, but I am guilty of having one too many "going out" shirts that haven't seen the light of day recently... or ever. The truth is I don't go out like I used to, and when I do I'm probably just dressing up items I wear on the regular with accessories. 


I'm pretty picky when it comes to what I like to wear. Fortunately/unfortunately I still care about my appearance, and as I've gotten older it's becoming more and more my reality. Gone are the days of dropping $150 at Forever21 for me (there is nothing wrong with purchasing clothes at Forever21 I am just at a point in my life where I would rather save money and invest in pieces I can have for the long run). Sure I came home with 12 items, but those weren't quality pieces that I was adding to my closet. Instead I'm opting for pieces I can build upon, mix and match, and when cared for correctly use for years to come. 



I came across this great list "50 Classics for Your Closet" from Matchbook Magazine and think it's one of the more universal compilations out there. I already had a lot of items on the list, but it made me hopeful that pretty soon I will have everything I need for a classic base wardrobe that I can build upon for years to come. This list helped me cut down on shopping, clean out and declutter my closet, and got me thinking of investing in my clothes (which is ultimately investing in myself). As the quote above states, I buy less and make better decisions about what I do buy. What are your closet staples? I'd love to hear all about them!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover