photo NavTwit_zps73cd23c9.png photo NavPin_zpsde611518.png photo NavIG_zpscd526c3d.png photo NavTum_zps71bad71a.png photo NavBL_zps8b887782.png



Friday, July 26, 2013

Summer Wines

Summer of Sippin'



Gone are the days of creative mixology for me at home. I would much rather have a beer or glass of wine when I stay in because I honestly don't want to have to clean up after my beverage. Summer is my wine season if you will because I lean towards whites in general (even when I'm eating steak or pasta).  Summer wines for me are all about light, crisp, and refreshing flavors. Bonus: all the wines pictured range in price from $8-$15, now that's a steal!

1. Chateau St. Michelle Riesling: If I had a house wine, this would be it. It's mid grade as far as sweetness goes, and typically pairs well with most things I'm eating. It's also a great white sangria base.

2. Twin Vines Vinho Verde: I LOVE Vinho Verde! To me it's summer in a bottle. Don't be fooled this white wine isn't very sweet,and is so smooth and refreshing. This light, crisp wine pairs so well wish shellfish and fresh veggies. 

3. Pasanella & Figlio Prosecco: This doesn't need much explanation, but here goes nothing. Bubbles. Everyone loves them, they are perfect for hot summer nights, and make everything more festive. Change up your game and add prosecco to your rotation.

4. Famega Vinho Verde: This is a total sipping on the patio or deck wine. This vinho verde has some natural effervesence to it so it's a nice hybrid between the clean white and bubbles of a sparkling wine. Drink often.

5. Marquis de la Tour Sparkling Rose: I've never been a fan of pink wine. Normally I would turn my nose up at it, but this brut sparkling wine is delicious and festive. Try it paired with summer fruit, mixed into sangria, or straight up in a fancy flute. You won't be disappointed. 


2 comments:

  1. This looks like an amazing line up :) I've never had vinho verde, but it sounds like something I could get into!

    (p.s. how do you get your blog looking so awesome & crisp?! I love your graphics)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vinho Verde is my jam! It's the slightest bit bubbly and has a really clean finish. Plus they are all super cheap (usually $7-$8).

    I do EVERYTHING on Polyvore! I wish I were more design savvy, but I'm just not there yet. You can install a thing on your browser to clip images to Polyvore so I can get pictures from almost anywhere online. Hope this helps, let me know if you have anymore questions! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover