photo NavTwit_zps73cd23c9.png photo NavPin_zpsde611518.png photo NavIG_zpscd526c3d.png photo NavTum_zps71bad71a.png photo NavBL_zps8b887782.png



Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Getting Lippy




1 // 2 // 3 // 4 // 5 // 6 // 7


There are a few things I am really bad at. Applying lipstick happens to be one of them. I love the look of a bold lip, but to be honest I am terrified of the application process, the bleeding, and the potential for lipstick all over my teeth. I can't tell you how many times I have put it on to go out, only to wipe it all off before I step through the door.

So what's a crazy anxious lipstick-phobic gal like me to do? Find products that mimic the pigment and staying power of a lipstick, without the traditional tube and slanted tip. I've rounded up a few of my favorite alternatives and some ones I'd really like to try out. The new chubby crayon shape many brands are coming out with give me the precision I need in rich, velvety shades I actually want to wear. 

I mainly stick to balms during the week, and I have to give a shout out to Fresh's Sugar treatment in "Cherry" because this is one of the most pigmented lightweight balms out there. It seamlessly transitions from day to night. I am pretty intrigued by the concept of liquid lipstick as that is very much in my comfort zone. Also, there are some wonderful alternatives available at your local drugstores so don't forget to check those out as well (I'm looking at you Burt's Bees and Revlon). 

Does anyone else relate to my lipstick phobia? Any products you swear by to give you the same look without the anxiety of traditional lipstick?



SHOP THE POST




No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover