photo NavTwit_zps73cd23c9.png photo NavPin_zpsde611518.png photo NavIG_zpscd526c3d.png photo NavTum_zps71bad71a.png photo NavBL_zps8b887782.png



Thursday, August 28, 2014

Easy Healthy Recipe Roundup

Today I wanted to share some of my favorite simple and healthy recipes. We are all busy, all the time. It's really easy to get home and nuke something, order take out, or just eat cereal (I am guilty of all of these things). But when I take the time to do a tiny bit of planning, and realize that cooking a good meal doesn't have to be a daunting task, the process becomes so much more enjoyable. Personally, I like cooking especially when I have something really good to look forward to. Note: I have made all of these recipes during the week when I have gotten home from work so they are all manageable I promise. Also they are all Weight Watchers friendly and boyfriend approved!



It's no secret I love Natalie's recipes, and this one is a real winner. I had never made meatballs before, but since making these I have made them several times. You can sub lean ground turkey if you cannot find chicken, I have done both and they come out great.




I love this recipe for when I am trying to ease up on the carbs. This carb addict doesn't even miss the bread. They hit all the right flavor notes and they are a real bang for your calorie buck.




I actually never knew I was capable of being a salad addict, but this salad changed my mind. FYI I am too lazy most of the time to make my own dressing so I use a light caesar and measure out a little bit and toss it into the salad really well. I do make my own croutons, with whatever I have around (Fiber One bread, sourdough, etc) and to make it a full meal I will toss some grilled chicken or shrimp on top.




First, you know I love Gina's recipes and cannot wait for her cookbook to come out. Whenever we make chili there is always tons leftover. This recipe is so comforting and filling and when I have leftover chili around, it comes together quite easily (also don't be afraid to use premade from your grocery store just adjust nutrition content if you are counting).




Yup another recipe from Natalie. I tried this on a whim after we have been ordering Chinese way too often. It is in full rotation now and I always have the ingredients on hand. It's easy, spicy, and makes great leftover lunches. I serve it over jasmine rice from Trader Joe's or brown rice, use super lean beef, and throw in raw asparagus or broccoli while it simmers. 




Yes, sometimes I just want a big bowl of brussel sprouts (but I will typically have some protein too just because it's the right thing to do). They are delicious, versatile, and very filling. I mix up my recipe from time to time. Sometimes I will add some thick cut bacon, truffle oil, parmesan, etc. The combinations are endless.


Old faithful or my anytime meal, Avocado Toast


If you have ever seen my Instagram, you can see that I love avocado toast. It's so simple and delicious I just never tire of it. There is no recipe link for this because all I do is mash half an avocado with sea salt and red pepper flakes, slather it on your toast of choice (I highly recommend sourdough), top with more salt and pepper flakes, et voila best easy meal ever!


Now it's your turn. What are some of your favorite, healthy meals you make after work? I am always looking for new ones to try!

2 comments:

  1. Mouth watering! I really want to try both the meatballs and Korean Beef Bowls, thanks for the reminders (Natalie's recipes all look so good!) We do ground turkey (or beef) tacos a lot - always an easy dish to whip up after work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These all look delicious! I've never made Cheesesteak Stuffed Peppers - and they sounds pin worthy!! The Korean Beef Bowls have been on my list for the longest time to make - might have to happen this weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover