photo NavTwit_zps73cd23c9.png photo NavPin_zpsde611518.png photo NavIG_zpscd526c3d.png photo NavTum_zps71bad71a.png photo NavBL_zps8b887782.png



Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Design Obsession: Statement Doors

A lot of people don't know this about me, but I am a closeted design freak. I could spend hours looking at pictures of gorgeous spaces, design books/catalogs, and perusing the internet just taking it all in. I definitely attribute my love of design to growing up in a DC suburb surrounded by gorgeous homes that were impeccably decorated, living in New Orleans for two years, and most recently my trips to Charleston. Personally, I think it's pretty cool to be able to appreciate a sconce or trim when for most of your life you wouldn't have given them a second look. With appreciation for design comes an awareness to detail, and man are there some gorgeous details out there.

Unless you live under a rock, you have heard the term "statement jewelry" or more commonly "statement" necklace. But what I am obsessed with lately are statement doors. While my taste is fairly traditional, I love the idea of a pop of color that makes a home stand out among the rest. As a child, I always wanted a house with a red door (no clue why) thinking that was as bold as I could go. Now, the possibilities are literally endless!



The coral door on a classic Cape Cod style home is so sweet and really brightens up the darker wood. This is probably the first time I have ever liked anything in orange. I am so in love with this bright orange door, the hardware, the central location of door knob, ugh just everything!


A turquoise door with gold hardware (a personal style favorite) pops in all the right ways against this white home. I love the matching shutters too! This home is straight up elegant, and I love the updated twist with the bright, cheerful yellow door.


Ah, there's the red door from my childhood dreams! It looks great against the gray and the white trim is perfect. I am usually not a pink fan, but this magenta door is gorgeous. The contrast and greenery are so right.



The green door may be my favorite of the roundup. It's so (sorry for doing this) chic. Kelly green is one of those colors that's timeless and works so well as an accent color. I die, I swoon, I everything for this door. Provence, well you don't have to say much about its beauty, but the cobalt door is magnificent. I love the rustic exterior and the rounded door frame. Blue and white, can you really go wrong?


How about you? What do you think of statement doors?

1 comment:

Pin It button on image hover