photo NavTwit_zps73cd23c9.png photo NavPin_zpsde611518.png photo NavIG_zpscd526c3d.png photo NavTum_zps71bad71a.png photo NavBL_zps8b887782.png



Thursday, June 26, 2014

So You Want to Workout At Home





yogalosophy // xtend barre // 5 factor
shred-it with weights // core fusion body sculpt // tracy anderson perfect design series


I've been pretty open with my general dislike of the gym as of late. And when I think about the times in my life when I was an avid gym goer, I remember all the time I wasted and the inefficiency that went on too. I don't have time nor do I want to devote much time to long, extensive workouts. On a good day I can give an hour (for example a studio class), but typically, 20-30 minutes is what I actually feel like doing.

This where DVDs play a huge role in efficient home workouts. I need instruction, I like instruction. I enjoy someone keeping me on pace and using my time wisely. We are insanely lucky to have access to some pretty incredible fitness resources with just the push of a few buttons. Like yoga and pilates? There are great DVDs for that. Maybe you are really into body weight excercise or hand weights. There are lots of great options for those too. The point is if you want to workout at home and really put in the work, you can find something you like that can be really effective.

At home I have done previous Jillian Michaels dvds (she shames you into keeping up), a yoga series, and several of Tracy Anderson's workouts (no joke she kills you and makes it look so effortless I have never swore so much during a workout as I have with TA). I also will pull up things I find on youtube and try them out too. With internet and streaming options, there are so many options out there.

I am no expert, but I am very familiar with the struggle to find something you can and want to commit to. So go out there find what you like if you don't like it, try something else. It's all about you, keep it that way!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover