photo NavTwit_zps73cd23c9.png photo NavPin_zpsde611518.png photo NavIG_zpscd526c3d.png photo NavTum_zps71bad71a.png photo NavBL_zps8b887782.png



Thursday, June 5, 2014

Fit Transformation


I am skipping this week's ESWD because I just HAD to talk about one Ms. Miranda Lambert. If you aren't familiar, this country  singer has had a long history of doing what she likes, saying what she likes, drinking what she likes, and eating whatever she wanted. While I would have never considered her heavy, she was by no means in shape and at time looked a little plumper. I think that's what so many of us liked about her. She was still gorgeous and bad ass as hell, but she gave a big middle finger to being a typical svelte woman in the spotlight.




Fast forward to now and she is looking amazing! Whatever she did worked wonders. Her claim is that she just started making better choices (buh bye cheetos and fried chicken whenever she wanted) and started working out with a trainer on the road. Now, I am not an expert and I have no clue what she actually did but whatever it is sign me up!



The interview in women's health really hit home with me. I, like Miranda am a petite woman, but some parts of me (ahem, huge hips) are not as tiny. I wouldn't say I'm fat either, but I am definitely not in shape...for a number of reasons but that can be saved for another post. I liked her approach of making choices. Some days your choices will be great and spot on, other days may be not so much. But everyday, every meal, every time we drink we make choices. I am trying to redirect my thinking as I work on getting healthier to one similar to Miranda's: small choices, day by day. It's great to have goals and know what you want overall, but to me this all seems so much more manageable taking it meal by meal, snack by snack, hunger pang by hunger pang.

I'd love to hear your thoughts on how you approach a healthy lifestyle and healthy choices. Suggestions are more than welcome!


1 comment:

  1. This was a great pos, and Miranda looks awesome! I need to find a good workout/eating routine right now too.

    Xo,L
    simplylowcountry.com

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover