photo NavTwit_zps73cd23c9.png photo NavPin_zpsde611518.png photo NavIG_zpscd526c3d.png photo NavTum_zps71bad71a.png photo NavBL_zps8b887782.png



Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Skin Care for Atypical Skin

Skin Care


I can almost never relate to articles, features, or blog posts on skincare. I don't have the pesky dry skin people always lament about. I don't know what it's like to need to "hydrate my face" and I certainly don't reap the benefits of piling on thick luxurious moisturizers. I have oily skin, and on top of my oil slick I have super sensitive skin. Fun combination, I know you're jealous.

I'm not going to lie to you and tell you I do the best job of taking care of my skin. I fall asleep in my bareMinerals, don't always wash off all my mascara, and I probably could clean my makeup brushes more often. What I have figured out is what works well for my troublesome skin without nasty side effects or discomfort.

Daily: I use a Clarisonic face brush to cleanse my face (worth the investment), a mild anti-acne cleanser, and an oil controlling moisturizer with SPF* in it. *Wear the SPF ladies because no one likes wrinkles and melanoma...NO ONE! When I actually take the time to wipe off my makeup I use Cetaphil it works like a charm with no irritation or oily residue.

A Few Times a Week: I like the feel of a gritty exfoliator to loosen up anything building up in my pores and St. Ives Apricot Scrub does the trick every time. After scrubbing, I like to use a very gentle toner to soothe and keep my pores in good shape. If I have already spent that much time on my face, I will typically apply some sort of anti-aging cream preferably for my skin type.

For Unwanted Face Visitors: I really don't appreciate the real estate zits can take up on my face and Mario Badescu's drying lotion is the best and fastest way to get them to close up shop. Yes you will look like a freak when you go to bed with pink dots on your face, but they will be gone or nearly gone the next morning. 


1 comment:

  1. Love this post. I wonder what you think of when people say "irregardless." That one gets me EVERY time. Acne Treatment

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover