photo NavTwit_zps73cd23c9.png photo NavPin_zpsde611518.png photo NavIG_zpscd526c3d.png photo NavTum_zps71bad71a.png photo NavBL_zps8b887782.png



Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Makeup in a Jiff

5 Minute Face



I wouldn't say I'm great at a lot of things, but one thing I can do really well is natural looking makeup. I don't enjoy caking stuff on my face so my makeup routine is pretty basic and still keeps me looking very much like myself. The only thing I refuse to leave home without having on is a quick swipe of mascara. You can imagine I don't like spending a ton of time to create a natural look (what would be the point?). I have the 5 minute makeup routine down to a science. We're not talking about overly expensive products or tons of fancy brushes here, just a few staples and an index finger and you're good to go!

1. This primer has been a God send due to the icky DC summers and my less than lovely oily complexion. Primer may not seem necessary, but it keeps my makeup on all day.

2. I have been using bareMinerals foundation for seven years and I will never stop. Bonus you can also use it as a spot concealer under your foundation application.

3. I have fairly rosy cheeks naturally so I don't like to do much to them, but for that subtle glow I love Nars the Multiple in Orgasm. It gives just the right amount of color and stays put. You can also use this on your eyes and lips (love a multitasker!). 

4. Mascara is to me as water is to fish... we need it or we die. OK that's a tad dramatic. but mascara opens your eyes and makes you appear alert even when you aren't. I have length but lack volume and Maybelline Mega Plush does the trick sans tarantula eyes.

5. Unfortunately eyeliner has never liked staying put on my eyes until I tried Bobbi Brown's Long- Wear Gel Eyeliner. This stuff stays put... all day... rain or shine. Once you get the hang of painting it on it's a breeze to use and doesn't come off until you want it to.

6. I'm not a huge eye shadow person basically because I'm too lazy to apply it. My go to for day or night is Stila Kitten. It's subtle shimmer looks good on everyone and really brightens up your eyes. 

7. I have a phobia of lipstick being on my teeth so it deters me from wearing lipstick 99% of the time. I'm much more comfortable with a tinted lip balm that doesn't make me paranoid. I like this punch colored balm by Burt's Bees because it gives just the right amount of color without smudging all over the place. 


I'd love to hear about your must have makeup products since most of these were referrals from friends. What do you consider part of your 5 Minute Face?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover