photo NavTwit_zps73cd23c9.png photo NavPin_zpsde611518.png photo NavIG_zpscd526c3d.png photo NavTum_zps71bad71a.png photo NavBL_zps8b887782.png



Thursday, June 13, 2013

Carry On Essentials

Carry On Essentials



I travel a decent amount for work, and in the three years I have been doing it I have pretty much mastered packing and the art of the carry on. Some things to bring with you are just no brainers. Items like nail clippers, nail file, tweezers, and lots of hand sanitizer should never be unpacked from your bag (if you don't typically bring these do yourself a favor buy one of each to live in your carry on bag). My carry on and toiletry bags stay pretty much stocked at all times except for electronics, makeup, and my Clarisonic face brush. Keeping these ready to go make packing for last minute work trips and getaways a breeze.What do you always bring in your carry on?

1. Kate Spade Nylon Stevie Diaper Bag. You might be thinking "I don't have a baby I don't need a diaper bag." I have this bag and all the bagillion pockets come in quite handy for keeping all travel essentials organized.

2. Two Words: Tide Pen. You can thank me later.

3. Henri Bendel Makeup Bag. This is the perfect size bag for all your go to makeup essentials and is virtually impossible to ruin due to spills thanks to the plastic lining. Keep anything you need to look put together in here, and put the rest in your suitcase.

4. Bobble Bottle. Bring an empty water bottle with a built in filter. Airport bottled water is $$$$.

5. Large Pashmina Scarf. This is one of the most versatile things I carry in my bag. It works as a blanket, pillow, and accessory. Get one.

6. Dry Shampoo. This product is a miracle worker. If you don't have time to get to your hotel to clean up a bit, spritz some dry shampoo on your roots for fresh hair with a little volume boost.

7. Lip Balm. Nobody like dry, cracked lips. Do yourself and everyone a favor and keep it close and apply often. My go to is Fresh Sugar Lip Treatment.

8. Hand Cream. Dry skin isn't just irritating, it's also kind of icky. Keep your hands looking nice because all that hand sanitizer you're hopefully using will dry out your mitts like crazy. I like L'Occitane Cheri because in a pinch you can place it strategically and it doubles as perfume. 

9. Face Wipes. If you are like me your eye makeup likes to smudge and your face sometimes "glistens" a little too much these are essential. I keep these handy to freshen up, but also wipe the airplane airborne gunk off my face.

10. Document Holder & Eye Mask. When you have to keep schedules, hotel confirmations, rental car info, and airplane tickets organized and easily accessible a clear pouch will be your savior. I keep an eye mask tucked away for when I need to catch a few zzz's on the plane. I am a horrible plane sleeper so anything that could help I'll try.

11. iPad. This serves as my all in one entertainment station. I always have two books, a movie or two, and some music ready to kill time on long flights.

12. Earbuds. Invest in a decent pair because these will come in handy for watching movies, listening to music, drowning out screaming babies, and are the universal travel sign for "please don't talk to me."

13. Cord Bag. I keep all chargers, cords, and extra headphones in my handy cord bag. The only purpose for this bag to corral everything I need for my electronics. This little beauty does wonders for an organized travel bag.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover