photo NavTwit_zps73cd23c9.png photo NavPin_zpsde611518.png photo NavIG_zpscd526c3d.png photo NavTum_zps71bad71a.png photo NavBL_zps8b887782.png



Monday, June 17, 2013

Got 7 Minutes? You've Got a Full Body Workout!

I'm at the particular stage in my fitness cycle where the idea of going to the dentist sounds more appealing than hitting the gym. I know, it's that bad. Even doing Jillian Michaels' "Ripped in 30" becomes daunting to me because honestly who wants to be uncomfortable for 30 whole minutes? Not me.

While exercising my right pointer finger scrolling through Twitter one day, I came across an article that appeared in the New York Times Magazine called "The Scientific 7-Minute Workout." This sounded way too good to be true, but I was intrigued and went ahead and read the article. Quoting a scientific study from the American College of Sports Medicine's Health and Fitness Journal the article states that "In 12 exercises deploying only body weight, a chair and a wall, it fulfills the latest mandates for high-intensity effort, which essentially combines a long run and a visit to the weight room into about seven minutes of steady discomfort — all of it based on science." 



This sounds like my kind of workout. No gym. No equipment. Just 12 exercises and 7 minutes. Sounds totally doable, right? I'd like to build up a list of options for physical activity for those days when I don't want to leave my couch. What are some of your go to workouts for when you just have no motivation to get a good sweat on? 

Photo by Pop Sugar

2 comments:

  1. This arm workout is crazy... I try and do it when I'm watching tv!
    http://pinterest.com/pin/41658365276030673/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a great idea to do arm exercises while watching tv! I used to do ab stuff on a stability ball while watching anything on Bravo (since I wasn't exercising my mind). I should get back into that!

      Delete

Pin It button on image hover