photo NavTwit_zps73cd23c9.png photo NavPin_zpsde611518.png photo NavIG_zpscd526c3d.png photo NavTum_zps71bad71a.png photo NavBL_zps8b887782.png



Wednesday, April 16, 2014

OMR: In the Kitchen



This week's On My Radar is a little different. I never spent much on kitchen gadgets and tools because I didn't cook consistently enough to warrant the spending. However, lately all of that has changed. I'm cooking dinner 4-5 times a week, and bringing my lunch to work everyday. I'm re-energized in the kitchen, and that makes me want to "pimp it out" if you will.

A stand mixer is a staple and no brainer, but this copper one is simply stunning.

I love love love cookbooks as I have mentioned before, and Bobby Deen's cookbook and My Paris Kitchen are currently on my wishlist.

Zoodles are all over Pinterest! The pasta alternative looks awesome, but hand cutting veggies into pasta-like strips just ain't gonna happen. A handy spiralizer will do all the work for you!

I'm a big fan of sea salt for many reasons, but I hate the clunky cardboard tube it comes in. I would love a beautiful salt cellar to house my salt and decorate my counter top with.

Something I have wanted for a while but never pull the trigger on is a mandolin (I think my fear of it is the driving factor). It's definitely not necessary, but perfectly thinly sliced veggies = perfect veggie chips and this carb addict needs some crunch in her life.

If you are anything like me then you have no clue what actual portion sizes are. I used to have a food scale and it really helped me stay on track. This sleek model needs to be mine.

The Le Creuset matte collection is gorgeous. On top of being functional, their enamel is fairly non-stick which is great for those of us that don't have the patience to scrub pots.

Want to crush garlic and herbs like a pro? A mortar and pestle is just the ticket, and the white marble screams luxury.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover