photo NavTwit_zps73cd23c9.png photo NavPin_zpsde611518.png photo NavIG_zpscd526c3d.png photo NavTum_zps71bad71a.png photo NavBL_zps8b887782.png



Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Preach




Sometimes it's good to step away and compose your thoughts, get yourself centered, and figure out what you want to do next. Lately, I am in a constant state of figuring things out with all aspects of my life. Things are changing, all for the best no doubt, but with that comes a total adjustment period. My blog is no exception. Sometimes creating content is so easy, then other times I get a block or hate what I have come up with. 

I stumbled across Jenna Lyon's Life Rules in the first issue of Porter ( Net-A-Porter's first ever magazine) and was really taken with her no nonsense, honest approach. Often times I don't take someone with her star power very seriously but her success story is one of decades of hard work, listening to her gut, and not compromising. For me, numbers 2 and 6 were especially captivating.

Now I'm certainly no Jenna Lyons, but reading her honest approach to life helped ground me a little and give me that little boost I needed to get my head straight. What do you think about Jenna's rules? Are there any other people's rules/mantras/credos that really resonate with you? I'd love to hear about them! xx

{image via Porter}

3 comments:

  1. I have this saved too! It's such a good list to follow. #1 is my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  2. #1 is definitely one of the best pieces of advice. Really loved this piece!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great round-up of advice. I'm with you on #2, I need to work on that :) Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover