photo NavTwit_zps73cd23c9.png photo NavPin_zpsde611518.png photo NavIG_zpscd526c3d.png photo NavTum_zps71bad71a.png photo NavBL_zps8b887782.png



Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Currently Obsessed With



Layering Mascara




I don't fuss too much with makeup on a day to day basis. I pretty much swipe mascara on, conceal any imperfections that are very visible and get out the door. I have to admit though I do have a major jealous streak when it comes to women with full lashes. I have nice long lashes, but like my hair, they have zero volume. I've tried every kind of mascara out there promising better results than all the others, but they all have fallen flat.

So a few weeks ago while I was bored in my hotel room I started looking on Pinterest for different celebrity beauty secrets. I stumbled upon Carrie Underwood's mascara routine, and was pleasantly surprised. Of course for stage events she wears falsies, but for everyday Carrie stated that she layered three different mascaras to achieve the same look. Well I only had two with me, but the three coat layer technique did the trick! My lashes were full, long, and more dramatic than ever before without the dreaded tarantula look. 

I have been layering my mascara for a few weeks now, and I am hooked. I use CoverGirl Clump Crusher, Maybelline Falsies, followed by another coat of Clump Crusher to achieve my look. My advice would be to put on a defining, lengthening mascara first then a volumizer, followed by a third coat of defining to get rid of any clumping. Hope you like your results as much as I do!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover