photo NavTwit_zps73cd23c9.png photo NavPin_zpsde611518.png photo NavIG_zpscd526c3d.png photo NavTum_zps71bad71a.png photo NavBL_zps8b887782.png



Friday, November 8, 2013

Holiday Kickoff



Bourbon Punch




Thrilled to be starting holiday posts early this year, but I think since the Rockefeller Center Christmas Tree is being installed today that I am fully within my right to do so. With a slew of holiday events to attend and host coming up, I love having a game plan in mind. Now I don't know how many people can relate, but I happen to love punch and always have. When I was a kid after our Christmas pageant, there was always a reception with some sort of gingerale punch that I thought was to die for. As I've gotten older my beverage choices have changed, but my love for a pretty punch bowl served with a festive libation has not. I came across this bourbon punch recently and knew it would be a crowd pleaser. Not too sweet thanks to the citrus, but with enough of a kick to get everyone in the holiday spirit.

Bourbon Punch

1/3 cup water
1/3 cup sugar
15 fresh mint springs, divided
4 cups strained fresh pink grapefruit juice
2 ½ cups bourbon
12 dashes of aromatic bitters
1 cup club soda
grapefruit and lime to garnish

ice

Add water and sugar to a small saucepan and stir over low heat until sugar dissolves. Bring to a boil. Add 5 mint sprigs. Remove saucepan from heat; cool syrup completely. Strain syrup into a punch bowl. Add juice, bourbon, and bitters; mix in soda and remaining sprigs of mint. Add ice to bowl. Garnish with thin slices of grapefruit and lime. 



Recipe from Caroline Z. Hurley for Domino 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover